Alicia Renegar is a Licensed Dependancy Peer Restoration Coach and SMART Facilitator in Columbus, Indiana. As a homosexual girl, she confronted a lot adversity and discrimination all through her life. She shares how she has turned this negativity into power and helps others on their path to restoration.
On this podcast, she talks about:
- The challenges and discrimination she confronted from directors and friends throughout her college years
- How folks’s concern of change impacts their selections and attitudes in direction of what they understand as totally different
- Her dad and mom being very supportive and giving her a strong basis to be who she is
- The journey to changing into herself
- How her deep-seated trauma pushed via and finally led to her habit
- Volunteering then working for ASAP Hub
- Discovering SMART and taking the facilitator coaching course
- Beginning an LGBTQIA+ assembly in Columbus, Indiana
- Why SMART resonates with folks
- The proudest second of her life was changing into a Licensed Dependancy Peer Restoration Coach
- The obstacles and risks of being an LGBTQIA+ activist
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE YOU COMMENT:
SMART Restoration welcomes feedback on our weblog posts—we take pleasure in listening to from you! Within the curiosity of sustaining a respectful and secure neighborhood ambiance, we ask that you just adhere to the next tips when making or responding to others’ feedback, no matter your viewpoint. Thanks.
- Be sort in tone and intent.
- Be respectful in the way you reply to opinions which might be totally different than your personal.
- Be transient and restrict your remark to a most of 500 phrases.
- Watch out to not point out particular drug names.
- Be succinct in your descriptions, graphic particulars should not crucial.
- Be targeted on the content material of the weblog submit itself.
If you’re inquisitive about habit restoration help, we encourage you to go to the SMART Restoration web site.
Should you or somebody you’re keen on is in nice misery and contemplating self-harm, please name 911 for fast assist, or attain out to The Nationwide Suicide Prevention Hotline @ 800-273-8255, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
We look ahead to you becoming a member of the dialog!
*SMART Restoration reserves the best to not publish feedback we take into account outdoors our tips.*